Friday 7 November 2014

Art Outreach 07/11/2014














Today to end off a busy, full, full, full week the whole LBSC split into multiple teams to do outreach around Cape Town. I loved seeing everyone at dinner afterwards overflowing with testimonies and joy at what God did in the short afternoon.

I went with four other women to Kalk Bay to do live art and paint while someone talked and prayed with the people it drew in. Let me tell you something, people love art! So many came to us with questions about what we were doing and so happy about seeing art being done on the street. Pictures speak in a way words can't so having visual paintings being done of what God was saying about the town and people in it was very encouraging to many. We were able to invite people out to Awake, Bethesda's Wednesday night ministry, and pray for many others. Two people got saved which is incredible! It was lovely!

My painting was the one with the flower wave and I believe God was saying that He wanted to come softly and beautifully to people in that town and wash over them like a strong wave. So many people have heard about God but don't want Him because they have had their sin shoved in their face with judgment and harshness but God's heart is not condemnation towards people. It's love. He loves them! So I painted and prayed and asked God to come and refresh and wash over these people, drawing them into His gentle heart and allowing them to see His beauty leading to salvation.

I don't remember exactly why the other girls painted what they did but I'll add it later if I find out. I don't want to give the wrong description of their pictures.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jillian Lewis Blog. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.