Monday 15 December 2014

Roots


I wrote a blog a last week about how God was speaking to me in flowers and about why I often use the name Imbali. You can read it here. As I was reading I noticed I was getting sidetracked with a simple revelation. I wrote about this season of learning and said, “It’s been like being in Swaziland but the roots grew deeper into the soil this time.” I just sat there for a second and smiled. Roots encourage me. Often I find it hard to know what God is doing in my life. I know I am changing and growing and can feel it in my spirit but I can’t yet see the change on the surface. It feels shallow but I know it isn’t and that deep things are happening within me. God just said when I feel like that He is growing roots. Roots grow seemingly invisible yet a flower cannot exist without them. They are of utmost importance. I can’t walk in the identity I feel called to if I don’t have the roots it requires. I will only grow so tall and so strong and then stop and wither. I don’t want to wither I want to be an oak of righteousness. Don’t you? 

So heres to letting God plant seeds in us so He can make the roots grow deep deep deep in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jillian Lewis Blog. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.