Wednesday 10 December 2014

Baby Wave.

















This is a canvas I did for some of our closest friends back home in Canada. This wave is for their second baby due next spring and their first little one who is now two and a half got a tree. I had to do it quickly before we left for South Africa because we likely won’t be home until after the baby is born. It’s sad to be so far away for big moments of friends lives but thank God for Facebook and email. These are just pictures of the process because it is really cool to watch the wave take shape and to see it fill in. I love that part of it as I paint. God keeps giving words and I keep painting them and then all of a sudden its finished and complete. Sorry the pictures are not that nice, most of them I took on a backshift, after I did all my work of course, (shhh don’t tell my supervisors) so the lighting is terrible. Oh well. You get the just of it. 

The mama keeps a blog too and she is wonderful so go visit her website: http://courtneydignam.com/

Hope this inspires you to go and create and take the words God gives you and put them into shape. 

Happy Tuesday from Muizenberg! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jillian Lewis Blog. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.