Sunday 16 August 2015

Karoo Outreach, The Farm


Last month Jason and I as well as three other Bethesda staff went on an outreach to the Karoo. I already posted pictures from the outreach and what we did HERE but I also wanted to share some pictures of the beautiful farm we were able to stay on while in Prince Albert. The farm owners were the main contacts for our time there as they are friends of our team leader and have abundant hearts for Klaarstoom, the community where we ministered. Being able to stay on their refuge of a farm was such a treat for us and they took care of us so well. They even kept us warm as it was very very cold in the Karoo. (Note the picture further down of ice in the puddles.) These pictures are of the sheep and lambs, the prayer walk they have carved out of the woods, and some beautiful details that make up the farm. I definitely look forward to going back for another outreach, maybe just next time when its warmer. 




This dog is just like the one I had growing up named Tippy so I instantly fell in love with it. "Jason, can we get one?"

The white house to the left was where we stayed and the bigger one behind the trees is the main farm house. There is another house down the road and smaller places to stay dotted all around, each as beautiful as the other one. 







See ice! So cold when you don't have indoor heating. We spent a lot of time thanking God for fireplaces. 
The prayer walk. 


Ek is by jou. I am with you.










Did I mention the lady who ones the farm is a professional calligraphy artist? I just spent the whole time swooning over her hand lettering.






Snow on the mountains for the drive back to Cape Town. That meant cold weather was coming our way.

Don't forget to check out the pictures from this trip I posted HERETo see the farm/calligraphy website go HERE.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jillian Lewis Blog. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.