Monday 4 May 2015

May 2nd Creative Artists Workshop















 On Saturday we hosted an Art Workshop at Bethesda House. It was wonderful. We had 18 students from around Muizenberg who came to learn more about art as a tool to communicate the heart of God . We taught on imagination, imagery in the Bible, communicating with colour, and using art as an evangelism tool. We started off with worship and set our gaze on the ultimate artist, creator of everything, Beauty Himself. 

It was amazing to see the creativity pour out of people as they did artwork with different mediums. There was a heart of worship among everyone as they created. For myself I always knew there had to be more to my artwork than it just being a nice picture. When I joined Bethesda and began learning it was as if I learned a whole vocabulary and heart for what I already believed to be true; God loves people and God loves art and He wants to use it to show people Himself. I am so thankful that art was never meant to be a side project or forgotten gift but a ministry. A way to reveal Beauty. A way to draw people into Beauty Himself and have them see Him for who He truly is. 

Here is a little piece of what I am doing on this coast in South Africa. 

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Jillian Lewis Blog. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.